There are a lot of things that came into my mind when I think of Cristina. My friend who celebrated her birthday last weekend. I was of course invited. Actually there are many famous person that had her name like:
Christina OnassisChristina Onassis (December 11, 1950 – November 19, 1988) was an American born Greek businesswoman and heiress to the Onassis fortune as the daughter of Aristotle Onassis and Athina Livanos. Initially one of two heirs she became the exclusive beneficiary to the Onassis fortune upon the unexpected death of her brother Alexander Onassis. She is also the late mother of Athina Roussel. ( Wikepedia)
Another famous person with the same name is singer-songwriter Christina Maria Aguilera.
And it reminds me also of Jesus Christ. I wonder if her name originated from Christ's name.
Anyway, who is Cristina for me? She is for me a sweet lady. Hardworking woman with two jobs at the same time. She is a lady who loves to clean. She sings very well too and an excellent cook. And she have two adorable daughters. A twins! This is an old picture. They are in adolescence years now.
Well taking picture before I leave the house is a must:) So this is me again before going to the birthday party posing for my husband. Taking picture before all the make ups dissappear:)
Cristina was preparing the food when I arrived. Sorry for the blurred picture. My camera failed.
With a good help from Cristy:)
The sisters: Vivian and Opehelia waiting for the food to be served.
The mens corner! The husbands of some of the guests and Cristina's partner. Mine was at home. He prefffered to spend his night with his daughter.
Meet the happy guests with Cristina!
Who loves to pose for the camera!
again and again:)
beautiful young ladies:)
After filling our stomachs with the delicious kaldereta, fried chicken, pancit and rice, then it was time for dessert.
But Cristina was so nice to everybody. She thought of our waitslines and didn't prepare any desserts. She wants everybody to be always sexy. We were already sweet anyways:)
Just joking. She served cake and coffee and tea after:)
And for the gifts, she got money, money and wines:)
I believe this flower arrangement was a gift too!
I love this corner!
Well, a group picture is a must before I leave! I wanted to spend the rest of the night with my hubby and daughter, so I went home early.
One last picture. Can you believe this picture was taken through the glass window. I tried to capture the moon outside, but the ceilings reflected in the shot as you can see. I think it was special.
Before I ended this post, a co- blogger from Black Swamp Cornucopia tagget me with this award. I received this award many times before, so I will just answer his questions. Thanks anyway:)
The Liebster Award recognizes new and upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (or friends) on their contribution to
the blogging world.
1. How do you find time for blogging ?
2. If you could travel back in time in a time machine (guaranteed no danger to you), what would be the top three times/places you'd visit whether in history or pre-historic?
I want to be in a time when God created the world, Jesus time and my parent's childhood.
3. What is the coolest thing you have ever built or constructed?
I never built or constructed anything except handcrafts. Each things was special in it's own way.
4. What is one historical story in your family that you are most proud of?
Well, my son's story maybe. Refferring to my last post " My cinderella man"
5. Do you like to cook or bake, and if so, what is your favorite recipe to make?
I like both. Don't have any favorite. I like trying new recipes all the time.
6. Have you ever found any interesting old artifact or something antique ?
Yes, lots of them in a museum me and my husband visited last summer.
7. Do you have any pets? If so, tell us about them briefly.
We have a cat which we adopted from an old lady who moved to a nursing home. She is now our baby.
8. Do you ever have a commonly recurring dream? What is it?
Yes, I always dream of my father who passed away many years ago.
9. Who would be your top 5 picks of people from the past you would like to meet?
Well, Adam and Eve, Abraham, Kind David, Joseph and Jesus
10. You won a huge amount of money in a lottery -- billions -- and you now have riches like Bill Gates or Warren Buffett etc. You can easily take care of the material wants and needs of yourself and all of your family with half of the money. The other half you have to give away. What would be your top 3 specific agenda items or causes for donating the money? It can be donations to charitable/humanitarian causes, or using the money to set up an incentive prize for some amazing achievement in science, invention, engineering, the arts, etc.
It will be donated for the those organizations who works for the orphans, the aged and the prostitutes. My heart yearns to help them.
11. What is your favorite movie(s), and what is the scariest movie you ever saw?
Difficult coz I couldn't remember the titles. But I like love stories and adventures.
So that is all for now and I am saying goodbye with this sunset taken outside the nursery home where I work.