Monday, November 11, 2013

Memories to cherish!


What so exciting with my work is that I have the chance to take the elderly for a trip outside the nursing home. This is the place that we visited one day.
Vallersund Gård ( Vallersund farm)

Vallersund farm is a small Camphill village located on the coast of Trøndelag. It is a village out of the ordinary that offers care to people with special needs.



The " Farm school" is also located here, which is an educational service for young adults with learning disabilities.



They have organic farming and gardening, sheltered workshops and teaching.


The intentional community of Vallersund is also an Eco- village with an interest in alternative energy.  They have a large windmill that covers their energy needs.
 ( I didn't notice it when we were there).

This yellow house is where they sell their products

A heat pump extracts energy from the sea which  heats their houses. A biological purifying plant treats the waste-water before it is returned to the sea.

When we arrived we were welcomed by this sweet little dog that made the elderly very happy.



As a remembrance we bought two knitted kittens, made by a young girl who lives there. This is one of them. I am planning to knit one too, when I find time.


After that, we went to a restaurant to eat pizza. Dessert for those who wanted.


Memories at home.... I was changing centerpiece one day and found these crocheted light holder and centerpiece which were given to me as a gift from those who worked in an orphanage which I used to give donations before. One of them is my friend.  Actually, there are more in blue colors too.


When we were in Barcelona last september, I bought these things as a souvenier. The swan and the cat were made by glass. Down to the right is a bottle of red wine. I don't drink red wine, I just bought it because I like the bottle:)

Last Sunday, it was father's day in Norway. So I made these foods.

I bought a flower bouquet for my husband.

and my favorite: my mother who celebrated her 75th birthday last Sunday. Here she is togetther with my grandkids:)



and the last: new pocket- slippers that I knitted


And now I want to create more memories to cherish. I bought this book because I want to learn how to make these cute creatures.

First project is Ella Ellemus. She is an elephant. So, wish me goodluck:)


Anyway, how about you friends out there. Do you have some nice memories to share that happened  lately?

Thought for the day

Be generous

Be generous with kindly words, especially about those who are absent. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


JOY


27 comments:

  1. Super busy, Mommy Joy! I love the slippers you knitted, parang ang comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Always busy avagabondmom:) thanks for the visit:)

      Delete
  2. Ako na lang iinom nong red wine, sayo na lang bote Ms Joy.. hahaha

    Ang kyut ng elephant, patingin pag nagawa na.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hi. Sure why not Mar:)
      Oo, i blog ko pag tapos ba elephant:)

      Delete
  3. thank God I have visited your site ... it's such an enthralling piece ... nice images ... keep up .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Edgar. Nice to see you here:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ang ganda talaga jan mami Joy.. pede na talagang post cards shots mo po

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga June. Ubod lang ng lamig at madilim na lagi dahil winter. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. Oh Sweet Joy… You are just so talented.. I love that kitty--and can't wait to see one that you have made…. Adorable.

    What a nice facility. Having a school which can help young people with disabilities is awesome… So many people with disabilities can find things that they can do and would love to do at that facility. That is truly fantastic.

    Bet your hubby enjoyed his Father's Day celebration with his beautiful wife… Happy Birthday to your Mom.. Love that photo of her with the grandchildren. I know how much you miss being there.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Betsy! So sweet comments. Thank you so much. Yes, my husband indeed enjoyed his day:)
      Hugs from me too:)

      Delete
  7. you don't drink any alcoholic drinks or red wine lang ayaw mo? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dont actually drink. Sometimes a glass of liqour with my hubby. Alcohol makes me sick:(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Pag natapos ko mga project kong nakapila my daughter :)

      Delete
  10. Ang sarap naman tumira jan sa Vallersund Farm, pero mukhang malamig. Kailangan ng makapal na sweater at jacket, Mommy Joy hehe :D

    Ang cute ng mga crocheted items and goodluck po sa Ella Ellemus project nyo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super lamig talag fiel- kun:)
      Thanks sa comment at bisita slways:)

      Delete
  11. It is such a J-O-Y always to visit your blog. So many beautiful photos and the story you wrote with the photos gives me an idea of what your days are like. There are many interesting points in your post - the elderly, the places you went to, the scenery, the food always looking so yummy. The bouquet for your husband was beautiful, and the small bottle of red wine. I particularly liked the photo of the dog. The slippers you made look so comfy. The glass decors...And the elephant project... Happy 75th birthday to your mom. She looks healthy at her age. Much love and blessings to you. I love the quote you posted at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Lidia. Your visit and comments means a lot to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello Tita ^^ musta na... na miss ko an din bumisita dito....

    hang cute ng kitten... ganda ng pagkakagawa....

    Enjoy always... ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im ok jon. How about you?
      Thanks for visiting:)

      Delete
  14. Such a lovely post Joy! I love the picture of your mom and her grandchildren. Such a beautiful family! And of course, the picture of the dog was so sweet. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doreen for your nice comment.
      Have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  15. cute ng mga houses ate joy! malapit din sakin
    ang mga elderly ee naalala ko kasi lola ko sa kanila
    belated happy bday to your lovely mom

    ReplyDelete
  16. I echo what Lidia said Joy...I always love coming here and seeing pieces from your life show cased here. That farm is awesome. What a great visit it must have been...it's a place I'd love to roam around. Hugs Joy.....and wishes for a beautiful Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and your comments are very well appreciated. It is like a cold glass water in a warm sunny day! Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...